Pancreatic Cancer Facts
• Pancreatic Cancer is the 3rd leading cause of cancer death in the US.
• This year, an estimated 55,000 people will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the United States.
• Pancreatic cancer has the lowest relative survival rate of all the cancers tracked by both the American Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute: only 9% will survive more than five years.
• 71% of patients die within the first year of diagnosis.
• The average life expectancy after diagnosis with metastatic disease is just five to seven months.
• Pancreatic cancer is anticipated to be the 2nd leading cause
PurpleCure, LLC understands the life changing events that accompany a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. While our goal is to assist in local education and financial assistance, we recognize and acknowledge the incredible resources available to pancreatic cancer survivors and their families through the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN).
PanCAN offers one-on-one support for survivors including treatment options, diet & nutrition, and assistance in locating clinical trials. In addition, they have invested tens of millions of dollars in research grants to advance science and medicine and improve outcomes for patients.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer please visit pancan.org